Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Overdue update, and being Liebstered!


 
Due to the world cup being on, the last couple of weeks I’ve been consumed with footie fever, and thus apologies again for the lack of activity here recently on Round Dave’s. Prior to that, I haven’t really got much hobbying done at all since finishing my Salute haul off, as I’ve been very busy due to the missus and I finally deciding to set a date for our (long overdue) wedding. Were getting married at the end of November, so not long to plan really, and as you guys who have gone through the wedding process before know, the ladies go a bit crazy when they sit down and start planning for their big day!

 


In other news, Bob “The Dude” Kinnear from "BZA Bob's ZombieApocalypse" recently nominated me for a Liebster award. Again, thanks for the nomination Bob, it is very much appreciated.

With regards to the Libster award, I am supposed to nominate and pass it on to my favourite five blogs with 200 or less followers. Well as all of the guys I would like to have nominated; either have already been nominated by someone else, or find the whole Libster thing to be an annoying chain letter, I wont bother them further, and instead just give them an honourable mention here:

  1. Nobody667 from “Game Mayem” for his Awesome ATZ batreps
  2. Joe from “Zabadak’s Zombie World” for the great inspiring terrain builds
  3. Clint from “Anything But A One” for a showing a bit of practically everthing (though I do enjoy the numerous game boards)
  4. Mathyoo from “The Necroleadicon” for various Zombie goodness and some lovely sculpting work
  5. Johnny from “Brains And Guts” also for Zombie goodness and more recently his “Across the Dead Darth” stuff
  6. Colgar6 from “Colgar6 and the Infinite Legion of Toy Soldiers” for all the various ATZ and Full Thrust stuff
Also I want to mention two blogs with over 200 followers who I believe deserve mention.

  1. Simon from “Brummie’s Wargamming Blog” for all the Zombie, EotD, AvP and Across the Dead Earth stuff!
  2. Bryan from “Vampifan’s World of the Undead” for undoubtedly the best Zombie blog going!

Well that’s all for today guys, I plan to sit down and start taking some photos shortly, and thus get back to posting a few more miniatures soon. Also in the near future, I may plan on doing a bit of a Q&A thing that seems to be circling the blogsphere at the moment. Until next time though, as Bob and the Dude would say, “take it easy”.

15 comments:

  1. Cheers for the mention Dave. And Grats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting the wedding planning! Should I mention I haven't yet been to any now? :P

    And thanks for the mention - but do make sure you take some photos soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Mathyoo,
    Hopefully some minature related posts coming soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and thank you's are both in order.
    I've even managed to get some stuff done at half times and haven't yet missed a match, so you've got no excuse !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to remember that the average wedding costs £20,000 these days :-) . Of course, I'm sure it'll be a great day for you both no matter how much or how little is spent!

    Also, thanks very much for the mention; it's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Colgar6,
      We're avin a smallish wedding, though I'm looking in excess of 10k already

      Delete
  6. Great to see you posting dude.
    Like the DUDE you will abide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob,
      Shouldn't have to wait too long for the next post

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the shout out! I appreciate the sentiment, but do find it to be a dreaded chain letter of some sort...

    Best of luck and wishes for your wedding. I am certain it will be a day long remembered! (sorry I couldn't resist...) Truly congrats tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one Dave, love the look on your face in the pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Congratulations and thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete