Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fantasy Steam Punky Bike Thing?

So recently I was going through and having a look through some of my old fantasy minis. I was just seeing what I got, where I can possibly make space to put all the new shiny things I want to get for other projects, the typical stuff we wargamers get up to when where not playing or painting when I came across this monstrosity I must have made some five or so years ago.
 

First thought was “what the f*@k is that?” followed by “what the f*@k was I thinking?”


Back when I made this, all I ever played were fantasy games, mainly DnD or Warhammer. I remember having a part assembled space marine bike in my bits box that my brother had bought years ago (I don’t know why as we never ever collected or played 40k) and I suppose I thought “what can I do with this?”, which I can only assume resulted in an idiotic idea to make it more “fantasy” looking!

Even though the paint job is very rough compared to what I strive for today, and the fact the model has never seen the light of day since I made it, it’s unique and quite odd, and that’s why I thought I’d take some pics (embarrassing as it is) and share it with you guys.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Old school indeed Fran,
      Maybe GW will see this and add an Imperial chopper of death to their next codex lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Fond memories of when I could buy GW stuff with my pocket money! Would probably cost £40 to make this now lol

      Delete
  3. It's actually not even bad! That banner is down right fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mathyoo,
      I remember being quite proud of it when I made it, now (especially the paint work) makes me cringe

      Delete
  4. Wow, I'm so glad that I don't have anything left from that long ago :-) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol most of my warhammer stuff is that old! Why I haven't sold it all yet is beyond me

      Delete
  5. Not bad at all, love the melta exhausts... nice bit of nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Scott,
      The original bike model has gotta be nearly 20yrs old

      Delete
  6. That is really cool though mate. I love the fact its got bits from allsorts on reminds me very much if when I was into GW as a teen and did similar things though usually mine never got painted half the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon,
      The amount of unpainted GW stuff i got from when i was a teen still sitting there is ridiculous!

      Delete