Saturday, April 12, 2014

Salute 2014 loot

So I’ve just got back from Salute, and as it’s the blogs 2nd birthday, I thought I’d quickly just do a quick post before I get on with playing with my new toys just to show the loot I picked up at the show. Over the next week or so I will probably be doing another couple of posts on both my adventures at Salute, as I did get a couple of games in this time, followed probably by another post full of all the pictures I took at the show.


So other than the free Salute miniature, here’s a run down of what I came away with today. At the Hasslefree miniatures stand I picked up a sprue of four of studios plastic zeds, along with a studio limited edition metal zed. Five Hasslefee minis consisting of the new Clint survivor, Signee and Billie (for use as Ripley and Newt in my aliens games) and an old man and woman. At the Studio Miniatures stand I picked up the new “Boss” survivor (The walking dead Governor) and a pack of four metal police zombies. Then at Westwind Productions, I picked up a gang of four rednecks and another survivor type miniature, and finally at Heresy miniatures I picked up a Halfling Michael Jackson zombie and some 25mm bases.

11 comments:

  1. Great to have a chat again Dave! Looks like you're gonna be busy, can't wait to see the Governor painted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise guys,
      I'll make to post some pics once he's done!

      Delete
  2. A mmoderate amount of interesting swag, lots of good figures htere though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice variety of figs I wonder which is going to tempt you to paint it first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I haven't painted anything since xmas, so I'm thinking mabe a couple of the plastic zeds to get into the flow again

      Delete
  4. So envious of you guys that could get to Salute. Neat haul. Look forward to seeing them painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice haul, I'm looking forward to seeing them finished (given I still have lots of miniatures from last year to paint :P) .

    More than one game this time, eh? Which ones? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just finished undercoating them all, so I might make a start on some tomorrow.
      I actually played a fun zombie game which used the akulas AR:SE rules, and also a predator game based on the first movie using the rogue miniatures characters in a race to da choppa!!!

      Delete