Tuesday, April 15, 2014

DVD's Salue 2014

Quickly before I get on to my day at Salute, I’ll start off with the pic from what seems now as the annual Salute blogger meeting.


So I arrived at the venue at about 9.45 and got in line with everyone else, and eventually got inside at around 10.45 (yes the queue was HUGE!) and quickly began my shopping spree. This year I opted to run around quickly and get what I really wanted first, as I really wanted time later to play some games this year. So I went on my spree, snapping the odd photo as I went, and even caught the “Beasts of War” guys doing an interview.



So after about an hour or so shopping, while drooling over the miniature cabinet at Crooked Dice, I bumped into fellow zombie blogger Clint. Here’s a link to his blog. http://clint-anythingbutaone.blogspot.co.uk/
So we had a little chat and caught up, at which point he also sneaked me an early bag of his famous fudge, which was that good, I think I had scoffed the lot within the hour! We both then walked around for a bit until we came to something I really wanted to check out, and that was Prodos Games, who where unveiling prototypes of their new licenced “Alien Vs Predator” game. I was very impressed with the AVP miniatures on show, and I think I may add some to my collection when they are released.


It was shortly after this point where Clint and I separated, and I found the first game I would play that day. The game was “Get to the Choppa!” a simple game based on the original Predator film, where our characters had to make their way through the jungle to the awaiting helicopter, while avoiding the predator.






I was a mere 10” away before my characters head was blown off, and though no one made it to the Choppa!!! the game was tons of fun.

Shortly after the game finished, I noticed it had just gone 1pm, so I quickly made my way over, just in time to meet up with the other bloggers. Again there was a great turn out, and even though I sadly I didn’t get the chance to talk to everyone there, It was great to see everyone again.

After the meeting, more shopping and more pics were taken as I wandered around, until I came to a zombie participation game! I thought id have some of that, and quickly managed to wangle my way into a game. The game used the Akula’s AR:SE rules and was being run by a young fellow (probably somewhere between 12-15 years old) who had never ran a game at a show before. Here’s some pics of the game.












Well safe to say, he did a great job on running the game, as the next hour or so was a complete blast, and I would have happily stayed and played a second game had it not been the end of the day and a need to finish my shopping list.

So that was my day in a nutshell and as I mentioned before, I did take some pics of other things on my travels, though I think I’ll wait and give you all a nice pic heavy post next time.

13 comments:

  1. Nice round up for those who couldn't make it. Cool zombie game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob,
      I'm sorting out the rest of my pics to post, there will be some more zombie goodness in there

      Delete
  2. Nice one Dave, sounds like you had a great day!! I never get a chance to play any games when I go to shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray,
      Both games were great fun but looking at everyone else's photos, it seems it came at the cost of missing out on some of the other stuff on show

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you needed another entire day to get to see everything.
    Good to see a zombie game too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was bigger than last year's, if it keeps gettin bigger it will have to be a weekend thing eventually

      Delete
  4. Damn I missed that Zombie game! Next year I will try to get a game in with you. Preferably a Zombie one. I am glad you liked the Fudge. Good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for the fudge Clint, I'd scoffed it before the blogger meet lol. I'll hold you to that game next year mate :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah hold me to that game! I don't play games at shows, but it would do me good to do so>

      Delete
  5. Ha, it's really interesting to see how every blog seem to have different pics and all from the same show!

    I'm really sorry I missed it this year - the smog game we played last year was great fun and I think this predator one would be just as much! Can't really comment on the zombies one, but that horde base sure is a drool producer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show was much bigger this year. So much to see, so much to totally miss lol. The zombie game was good fun, having to discuss strategy with random strangers to stay alive was an interesting change

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a great day! Those AVP figs look great I have to admit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful mate,
      I hope they are not to expensive when they come out, I can see myself getting some based on what I saw

      Delete