Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pallets and Post Boxes


Nothing fancy today guys, just a couple of scratch built U.S style mail boxes and a few wooden pallets I quickly put together recently in order to help liven up the terrain in my zombie city.

 
First up, next to a Studio zombie for scale, are some simple wooden pallets made from coffee stirrers and match sticks. These are really quick and easy to put together, but rather than go into how I made them (mainly because I’m a bit lazy) I’ll just point you towards the same tutorial I followed from fellow zombie blogger snithchythedog.
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/pallets.html
 

Also very quick and simple to put together, we have some U.S style mail boxes. In essence, they are essentially a crude frame made from wooden lolly sticks, which are then covered with card and then painted.

Anyway that’s all for now but I’d like to finish up quickly with a big thanks to all you guys. Particularly those who visit regularly and take the time to comment on my posts, as it seems I have recently surpassed the 25k view mark. Quite a nice milestone to have achieved, so once again, thanks guys.

16 comments:

  1. Nice scatter terrain sir. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob,
      A few more bits like this to flesh out the city and then I'll have to start getting some games in

      Delete
  2. Those might be simple to make (and don't be modest, I've given myself a try at those pallets and they've been WIP for half a year now :D), but they really add to the scenery.

    I frequently find out how much I care for a decent terrain once I get the most essential miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, my first attempt at the pallets was very frustrating as they kept falling apart on me. This time with a bit more patients I finally managed it lol.
      I really need to get some more terrain sorted out and add some more detail to some of my existing stuff, such as my plain grey buildings

      Delete
  3. These are great scenery for any urban terrain, the lolly stcik mail boxes look very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe,
      I am pleased with how they turned out, and the mail boxes are probably one of the easiest of the things I've made so far.

      Delete
  4. Good pallets and Mail boxes. All that sort of urban clutter really does make a game look good.

    Grats on 25K as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Clint,
      I really like doing these quick little bits, I just need some inspiration for some other stuff to build on the quick

      Delete
  5. Always good to have more scatter :-) ! I've been thinking about making some pallets like these for a while now. Just need to get round to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lack of patients in trying to do them quickly ruined my first couple of attempts. I found the pallets to be a good little thing to slowly work on while working on other bits

      Delete
  6. Looking good Dave. need make me some pallets myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon,
      You definitely should, there nice and easy and much better than forking out on resin ones!

      Delete
  7. Those look very good. I am going to try the mailboxes, Those make for awesome scatter terrain.

    I have made a few pallets (I saw the same tutorial) I just need to make a bunch more. So many projects to work on... :)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many projects, so little time to do them!

      Delete
  8. They look really effective well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irqan,
      Hopefully i'll manage to get a game in soon and see how they fare amongst my city

      Delete