Saturday, January 18, 2014

Survivors 101


Yep I’m still here, and again I apologise for the lack of posts in recent months as I’m still trying to find my blogging mojo! I hope everyone out there had a great Christmas and has had a wonderful start to the new year thus far. I myself have been working on a bunch of nice metal Studio zeds I got for Christmas, and hope to show them along with my horde in the near future.
Anyway, let’s get on to the good stuff!!!
 
Just before Christmas I hit the milestone of having painted over 100 survivors! (101 to be exact) and someone asked for me to do a group shot, so here it is!
 
 
So there are my 101 survivors, but I can’t leave you with just that can I? Being as I haven’t posted a lot lately, I’ll treat you all with a breakdown along with a shed load more pics of what is in my collection thus far. So here goes...
 

12 survivors from Studio Miniatures
 
10 from Hasslefree Miniatures
 
3 from Reaper Miniatures "Chronoscope" range
 
10 Cops, and one free Yardie from Foundry Miniatures
 
6 Miniatures from RAFM’s “Modern Day Hero’s” range
 
3 Malifaux children
 
12 survivors from the “Last Night On Earth” Boardgame. I previously posted them here http://rounddaves.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/flying-frogs-last-night-on-earth.html
 
15 from EM4 Minatures
 
26 miniatures from Copplestone Castings “Future Wars” range

And finally from left to right we have single miniatures from Crooked Dice, Heresy Miniatures and Comfy Chair Games.
 
So there you go, 101 survivors! I hope you all enjoyed the pictures and I hope I can find my mojo and be blogging on a more regularly basis again soon. As always comments are welcome, and if you guys would like to see any of my survivors in greater detail with a review etc, then let me know and I’ll try to get off my arse and get one posted.







16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Irqan,
      I'm planning on doing a similar post soon for my zeds!

      Delete
  2. Awesome collection Dave! Nice to see them all out and about :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon,
      Having them all out together I can really see the improvement in my painting from my first batches of copplestone/EM4 minis to my later one's, such as the Reaper one's

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of survivors. Or should I say "Pre zombies" Nice one Dave,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint,
      There's definitely some zombie fodder in there! The RAFM Jedi has victim written all over him!

      Delete
  4. What a huge diversity of mnufacturers, great collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe,
      I do like to give different companies a try, especially ones I hear good things about. Though looking through I am surprised I currently have only 10 minis from Hasslefree!

      Delete
  5. Wow, thats more survivors than I got zombies painted! Well done! As for blogging mojo, I honestly get you. I think you just mustn't stop. It's hard to come back :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mathyoo,
      Definitely is harder the longer you leave between posts. I have a few things I'm planning on posting, just gotta find the time to do them!

      Delete
  6. Well done on reaching this milestone! I like the painting too, though the bases of a few are still showing parts of the slots. Seems a little odd; is it intended to signify something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Colgar6, Alot of my earlier figs didn't get the gaps filled, as it's something I've started doing in the last year or so, and usually only when the gap is so unsightly that it annoys me lol. I'm planning on going back to redo all the bases at some point, as I'm intending on sorting out a dedicated board for my zed games, and when that's done I want to paint and texture all the bases to match

      Delete
  7. A very impressive collection of figures, Dave, and very nice of you to show them all. Nowadays, we gamers are spoilt for choices when it comes to armed survivors. There are so many nice figures out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bryan,
      I'm surprised how quickly they've accumulated! What I'm post pleased about is that I've kept on top of the accumulating lead mountain and actually paint them as I get them. Wish that were so for the boxes of unpainted fantasy figs gathering dust.

      Delete
  8. Very cool, they could be used for so many new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baconfat,
      If only I had the the room for more projects to use them with!

      Delete