Saturday, May 4, 2013

Zombie Shaun and a quick update

After reading a post from Bryan (a.k.a Vampifan) about a month or so ago, I was somewhat disheartened to learn that the zombies he posted were limited freebies to those who backed studio miniatures recent kickstarter for their new plastic zombies. You can read Bryan’s review of them here: http://vampifansworldoftheundead.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/studio-minis-18-freebies.html

As I really wanted to get my hands on the zombie Shaun miniature, and not one to let the fact that it was a limited edition fig stop me, I set about getting on the net to see if I could source one from somewhere. God bless eBay, as merely a few days later, I’d found myself one!

                                        
As you can see, I made sure I won that auction, and now that I've painted him up, I present my very own limited edition zombie Shaun. He cost me roughly £4 in the end, £2 of which was on P&P, so not a particularly outrageous purchase I have to say, considering he is a limited edition figure.

I’m going to leave it at that for now on the figure as i just want to add a quick update on some other news. Firstly I finally managed to finish up the figs I bought at Salute, and I hope to start posting them along with many more of my other completed miniatures sometime in the near future. Moving on to future projects, I’m not planning on buying and painting many more figs for a little while as I really need to cut down on some spending for a bit and I’d really like to get back to work on fleshing out my city. I have many ideas in my head in regards to making a few more cheap terrain pieces, so with that in mind, and the fact that I’d like to get some more gamming in, I’m sure I’ll have plenty to keep me going for some time to come.

That’s all for today guys, so have a great Star Wars day!

 And May the 4th be with you!

12 comments:

  1. £4 is a good find. A figure well worth having. Congrats

    Happy Star Wars Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint,
      I think I may focus some effort onto a few more characterful zeds when I get some cash together

      Delete
  2. Brilliant mate. nicely painted already to :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon,
      He came unpainted so your looking at my handy work there!

      Delete
    2. LMFAO Just notice the May the Fourth be with you picture LOL Very good Dave!

      Delete
    3. You don't even wanna know what Mark Hamill is grinning about lol

      Delete
  3. That's a great figure, not bad for £4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly had him a £1 cheaper but someone tried to nab him from me last minute! Still I can't grumble at that price mate

      Delete
  4. Well, it is 4 only because you've just bought this one, so it is technically still just 2 - nice find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate,
      I nearly landed myself a Romero and Tar man zombies from the same guy but someone sniped my bid at the last second!

      Delete
  5. He's a good looking mini and probably good value, even at £4, especially as it's a limited edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe,
      I do like the mini and I thought it was a fair price considering I may have never got my hands on one otherwise

      Delete