Monday, May 27, 2013

"Bub" Zombie

Yes I’m still here! I’m sorry I haven’t had much of a chance to post over the past few weeks, but as we all know, sometimes real world stuff just gets in the way of things. Hobby wise, not much done really the past few weeks, as any attempt to make some scenery pieces ended up not to my liking, so sadly an epic fail in that department. On a plus note, I did acquire some Hasslefree zombies via eBay on the cheap, so I’ve not been totally idle. To be honest, I’ve still been settling into the new job, and after a jobless stretch which fortunately enabled me to be around my daughter 24/7 since the day she was born, to suddenly only seeing her a few hours a day has been hard, and while I’m getting used to it, I’ve still found myself wanting to spend most of my free time with her.

Nether the less, the show must go on as they say, so today I thought I’d quickly show you my plastic “Bub” zombie I created from one of Studio’s plastic zombies.
 

A simple hand swap from the bits box, a spare gun from one of my Foundry blister packs and whala! A nice cheap, and easy “Bub” zombie. I know he’s nothing special, but for you guys out there who picked yourselves up a box of 60 of these suckers, then here’s a little inspiration for when you’ve painted up 30 or so of them and don’t know what to do with the rest lol. I personally didn’t go for a box of 60, as I’ve already got both sets of the Wargames Factory zombies painted up, and thought that having 60 of these would be a few to many and I personally want to get into acquiring a few more character type zombies. So while at Salute, I picked myself up a mere two sprues to try out, and now I’ve worked on them, I wish I had now picked myself up a few more! Still that’s something which I’ll have to remedy in future no doubt, but for now I’ll leave you all to enjoy the rest of the bank holiday weekend and no doubt ponder whether or not to recreate your own zombie “Bub’s”!

13 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with you that real life sucks; on the other hand Bub is a great character and one of the better "conversions" of the plastics I've seen and to think basically all you've done is added a gun!
    He does look like he thinking" You feeling lucky ?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe,
      It's good when you can create some character type zombies on the cheap. As for real life, though I miss her during the week, it is nice for me and the missus to be able to afford to do some more interesting things with the little one on the weekends now.

      Delete
  2. Thats cool mate. Great job on Zombie Bub and a great idea at a unique zed. Once things settle into routine you'll get your time for more hobby stuff back.

    It will be weird when my youngest goes to nursery in September and they'll just be and the missus at home in the morning. I have quite a flexible job being based from home and on average I'm home by 3pm most days (skipping my lunch mainly) so get to spend time with them both from then until they goto bed at 7pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon,
      I think I'll definitely be getting a few more eventually as I do think the quality of the Studio plastics better lend themselves to creating some nice stand out zeds over the WGF sets. As for the little ones, it's definitely hard to let go! I'm fortunate though to have my parents living close by, so I'm currently able to ship her off to them during the day lol. As for her eventually going to nursery, I do dread the day I have to let her loose upon the world lol

      Delete
    2. lol you'll be glad of the relief when they start school mate. Carmen gets very bossy sometimes and they are taught so differently than when we where at school as well so we argue over how things are spelled lol

      Delete
  3. That is a nice conversion. Character zombies add a lot to the game. I know what you mean about wanting to have the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe,
      I'm sure it'll get easier with routine, though she does like looking at daddy's zombies, so maybe I'll have a little wargamer on my hands when she's bigger lol

      Delete
  4. I have to agree with Jo this is definitely one of the better conversions of these figures. I still have a problem with zombies and weapons, but it all depends on the setting and rationale. (And my problem not yours!)

    As for the time with the family completely understandable and family must come before hobbies. (well sometimes). You sound like you have got the balance right though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint,
      I don't mind zombies randomly holding on to objects and what not but I agree, it does get a bit silly when they start shooting people! As for the work/home/hobby balance, it's getting easier with time as im now used to getting up and going out, and thus I'm starting to not feel so tired when I get in again.

      Delete
  5. He looks great, ill have to try making one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SK,
      You definitely should, I hope more people do too so we can see a mass of Bub's in the blogosphere lol

      Delete
  6. My God, that zombie in the basement is creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the touch of yellow on the red eyes that makes it look more evil! I've been meaning to go back and add it to my box of red eyed rage zeds

      Delete