Sunday, April 21, 2013

Salute 2013

So yesterday I managed to get myself down to Salute 2013. I got into the venue just after 10am and spent my morning walking around, getting a feel for the whole thing as this was the first time I’d attended a wargamming show. I didn’t particularly spend much; in fact I think my miniature spending was just over £20 in all, but honestly the main reason for me wanting to go was to attend the blogger meeting.

So the meeting was at 1pm, and here’s a picture I’ve lifted from one of the Rejects, of all the bloggers together.
I’m just right of the center of the photo, and I’m the one in the black t-shirt, denim jeans and black trainers. I’m sure most of you wargame bloggers will recognise the faces of all the Posties Rejects, and also in the photo are zombie bloggers Mathyoo, and honorary Postie Clint. Mathyoo is slighty behind me, to my right, and Clint is to his right.

After spending the morning wondering about by myself, meeting the bloggers was a much welcome change, and I wound up wandering around the rest of the show with Mathyoo and Clint. Mathyoo and I both hadn’t attended the show before, so it quickly became apparent that Clint would become our unofficial guide, and he even managed to get us some photos with zombie hunter Misty from “Crooked Dice games”
Mathyoo’s on the left being attacked by a zombie, while Clint’s on the far right, next to Misty.
Here are links to Mathyoo and Clint's blogs

Sadly towards the end of the show we lost Clint, so Mathyoo and I trudged on by ourselves for the last hour or so, managing even to get a quick game in before we had to leave when the doors were closing. I did get some pictures of the game we played, along with many other games we stopped by to take a look at and snap a few photos of, but I’ll leave them to probably my next post as I’ve still got to sift through them all and try to remember which games were which.

I’ll finish up today with my modest line Salute loot. From left to right we have the promotional free Jason figure, zombie hunter “Misty” from Crooked Dice Games, “Ellie Mental” from Heresy miniatures, and “Frank Cisco” and “Eve” from Hasslefree miniatures. While at Hasslefree’s stand, I also picked up two sprues of Studio Miniatures plastic zombies, of which the one pictured to the far right has had a gun added to be painted up as the Day of the Dead “Bub” zombie.

Anyway that’s all for now, and hopefully next time I’ll have sorted all my Salute pictures.

15 comments:

  1. I was not aware that Mathyoo was being accosted by a zombie until I saw the photo.

    Good to meet you Dave and put a face to the name. Hope you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting side note, the three zombie bloggers are slimmer than normal wargames bloggers. Rule1: Cardio. Zombies lead an active life, so should you!

      Delete
    2. Well it makes sense to be prepared for these things,
      Also love the fact us zombie guys managed to get smack center of the pic lol!
      On hindsight I wish I had picked up a few more things while I had the chance but it was well worth popping down just for the meet up.

      Delete
  2. A pleasure to meet you boys in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise Fran,
      Living just across the water, I think I'll definitely be there again next year

      Delete
  3. Great pic of Mathyoo being eaten He needs to use that for his Facebook cover photo!

    Nice little haul of loot. I really wished i'd of come. Planning to go next year so lets hope there is just as good a turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wel have to try and get the ZBA out in force next time, even Mathyoo was talking about possibly making the trip again!

      Delete
  4. Great to meet you at the show Dave!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise Ray,
      Meeting all the bloggers was definitely the highlight of the show

      Delete
  5. Okay, how much was the life size Misty figure? And did you head shoot Mathyoo after he got bit? Nice pics, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely she's out of my price range, so I didn't bother to enquire lol,
    As for Mathyoo, we departed at Canary Wharf, thought I'd let him infect the city types first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, now that you've mentioned it Clint...we are kinda athletic! :D
    I've said it plenty times before and I have to say it again, nice to meet each and every one guys. After I came to London I was really looking forward to spending a day with "my kind"! :)
    As for the photo...well, I am a honest lad...equals bad actor....just look at that wooden pose! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude I noticed you are not on my follower list, I've had to call you up on it now I've met you lol. In all seriousness, I'm glad I popped down and met you, and I'm glad you enjoyed you trup overall. Hopefully you'll be able to do it again sometime :)

      Delete
  8. I wonder if the snapshot of all you bloggers together in one place is some kind of record ?
    Good to put faces to names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, there must of been around 20 or so bloggers there at the meeting

      Delete