Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Foundry Miniatures - Customer Service

Ok guys, I was going to post yet another one of my survivors today but instead I have to share something that happened this morning that quite truly stunned me!
As many of you guys know, it was my birthday on March 1st, and as a result of my loved ones not knowing what to get me, I mainly received cash to eventually spend on miniatures. So on the 19th I finally got round to getting the wife to order me some, and thus decided to finally try out Foundry miniatures. I ordered both sets of street cops from their “Street Violence” range, and after two weeks of waiting, it seemed quite obvious that Royal Mail had again lost another parcel of mine!

So being as yesterday was two weeks to the day, my wife decided to give Foundry a call and explain the situation. After a brief and seemingly pleasant conversation from what I over heard, she told me that they were sending some more out to us and I should expect them by the end of the week. Being as that was about 1pm yesterday, imagine my surprise when this morning, a little white box with “Foundry Fantasy” stamped across it came through the door!

As you can see from the picture above, not only did I receive my minis within 24 hours, enclosed also was a note which reads:
“Vanessa,
Sorry for the delay, here are your cops.
Enjoy the free Yardie too.
Alex”

Now the lost parcel was in no way any fault on Foundry Miniatures part, so I was truly amazed at receiving both the note and a totally unexpected extra miniature free with my cops!
Even though this may never be read by Alex at Foundry Miniatures, all I can say is thank you to yourself and your company for the wonderful service I’ve received.
So far I’ve only cleaned the figures up and stuck some bases on, but my first impressions of the miniatures are good, and so far I really like them. I will probably go into some detail on them in another post once I’ve painted them up, but today I just wanted to share my little story and give credit where credits due, as based on the service I received, I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Finally here’s a link to their web store:
http://www.foundryfantasy.com/

9 comments:

  1. Have purchased from them myself recently, very quick, very helpful and always a freebie, good to hear about this Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the miniature companies I've recently dealt with have good customer services but this did impress me! I'm definately gonna be adding some more of their stuff to my collection at some point!

      Delete
  2. Nice one Foundry! I havea few of there figures they are very nice and that Yardie Rasta is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yardie is a nice figure indeed,
      I've converted him a bit as the barrel of his machinegun accidentally broke off while cleaning him up! One of the blisters had a spare sniper rifle so a barrel swap later and he now has a nice high powered assault rifle with an added scope lol!

      Delete
    2. Sweet, I painted mine up and added him to my Copplestone Bikers for some extra muscle and firepower :D

      Delete
  3. I had a similar experience with Foundry - a larger order but also included the two cop sets that didn't arrive. I eventually ended up with several duplicate sets later and a very nice apologetic letter too.
    Have a good luck among your cops - I got a rare(ish) model, that is not meant to be in production !
    Foundry have top class customer service imo and like Allied Carpets they're always having a sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 10 cops are the ones in the sites pics and my yardie is one from their other blister packs. I was like a five year old on Christmas day when I saw them come through the door this morning! I was so impressed, I had post it.

      Delete
  4. In all of my dealings with Foundry I cannot fault them. I'm glad to hear you have high praise for them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well these are my first Foundry miniatures, and I'll definately buy again in the future based on the level of service alone.

      Delete