Friday, April 5, 2013

"Billy Joe" - Zombie Survivor

So rather than wait a week or so, here’s the survivor I intended to post a couple of days ago. I’m currently trying out taking pictures with a different camera and light setup, so I’d thought I should post one of these new photos, and more importantly, a miniature I have actually painted quite recently. So here is the latest painted addition to my collection.
 

This is “Billy Joe” from Reaper Miniatures “Chronoscope” range, and from what I can tell, this is one of their newest miniatures in the range. This is the only non fantasy miniature I currently have of Reapers, and from what I have read and heard, they tend to size up slightly taller than most 28mm survivor ranges and this one is no different. This doesn’t really bother me as people come in all shapes and sizes, but I know some gamers do sometimes find this off putting. That being said, even though he is on the tall side, in my opinion, due to the nature of the sculpt being that of the huge hillbilly/redneck B-movie stereotype, the character still sizes up really well other miniatures in my collection and doesn’t look out of place at all.

As I said, I already have a few fantasy miniatures of Reapers, so I did buy this guy already expecting a good quality miniature. I’m pleased to say, the sculpting on this miniature is again fantastic, and honestly a bit better than I was expecting. I really enjoyed painting this guy and as a result, I definitely think I’ll be eventually adding more of the Chronoscope range to my ever growing collection of survivors.

10 comments:

  1. Nice work, I have a couple of the Other Modern Reaper figures and they fit in perfect as you say folks come in all shapes and sizes! Keep it up the new photo's look great especially with that background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon,
      Glad you like the new style pics as I've been itching to reuse that diorama backdrop!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He certainly is Fran,
      I just need to get me a gang of hillbillies to accompany him now!

      Delete
  3. Nice figure; he's clearly seen some action :-) ! The base looks a bit unfinished, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Colgar, he really was a great miniature to work on.
      I normally glue the figs on and just paint the bases, and sometimes fill them a bit if there are annoyingly large gaps. This suits me for now just to game with but I may redo all my bases at some point, but probably only when I have a dedicated gaming table to match them with.

      Delete
  4. What a great figure and so well painted bags of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irqan,
      He definitely was one of the more fun one to work on

      Delete
  5. He's a great figure with plenty ofcharacter, love the paintjob.

    ReplyDelete