Saturday, March 16, 2013

"Shaun of the Dead" Minatures

Only a quick post today, as I have some real world stuff I need to be getting on with, but none the less, I’d like to quickly show off a couple of my zombie survivors from Hasslefree miniatures. I painted these a while back now, but being as one of them appeared in my recent batrep, and the fact I had already previously taken the pics, I thought I’d quickly post them.

First up is a mini that Hasslefree miniatures call “Ray”, but as we all know, it’s a sculpt based off of Simon Peg’s character Shaun from the “Shaun of the Dead” movie.

Next up is Hasslefree’s “Tony”. Again from the same movie, this time we have Shaun’s flat mate Ed, played by Nick Frost.

Hasslefree have a few variants of these minis on their site but these two are without a doubt my favourite of the two characters. I own a fair few minis from Hasslefree, and as with all of the stuff I’ve ever purchased from them, these are great sculpts and extremely enjoyable to paint.

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that for today and I hope you like the minis. I’m hoping to get some more of my minis posted before my next spending spree and hopefully soon, post some of my finished Christmas haul that I've been promising to show.

12 comments:

  1. You've got red on you.....

    Nice work mate, lovely characterful figs. The hot fuzz versions have new arm options now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon,
      I forgot to mention the Hot Fuzz ones!

      Delete
  2. Not a zombie gamer until you pain Shaun! Now that I've said it out loud, I should probably paint one myself :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My motto was "Gotta get the zombie movie characters first!" lol

      Delete
  3. I don't hae the Ray character butI do hve the Tony one, he's a manager in my bloodbowl team. They are good sculpts and you've done a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Irqan,
      I can see Tony making a good bloodbowl manager, you'll have to post some pics of him with the team at some point

      Delete
  4. Two very good figures, Dave. I like the Tony figure because he is texting on his mobile phone. You see this everyday in real life but rarely on miniature figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan,
      I do like the out of ordinary sculpts as well. Unless he starts paying attention to his surroundings, he'll be zombie food for sure!

      Delete
    2. Perhaps he has a zombie detecting app! Well, you can get apps for most things these days!

      Delete
    3. Lol or perhaps he's just text the word "donate" to zomb-aid

      Delete
  5. Damn nice work Dave, I used to have the Tony figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Fran,
      I do like the Hasslefree stuff

      Delete